Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Screencast

As I mentioned earlier in the semester, part of the curriculum I teach deals with a Computer Aided Drafting program. Most of my lessons revolve around a few basic tools in the program. Constructing a cube using the CAD program deals with most of these tools, so I decided to create a quick tutorial that would help to describe some features like: extrusion, sketch dimension, and use of the drawing tools. This would be a great introduction to the use of a CAD program, and with a couple additions I feel as though I could use it to introduce the design of an International Space Station Lab Module, which is another lesson that I teach.

2 comments:

Monique Colizzi said...

Darrick

Very interesting and very well done. You definitely stand out a vocational instructor. Your vocal tone, speed and detailed instructions are something I am certain your students appreciate. Did you show this to your students yet? Keep up the awesome work!

Betsy Drummer said...

Darrick,

Great Screencast! Everything came together so nicely. I had a difficult time keeping the voice part with the recording, but it didn't seem to be a problem for you at all. Neat tool that I would like to come back to and perfect. Your students will really like this.