Thursday, October 2, 2008

Online Photo Page

Well, I want to preface this with the fact that you aren't going to find much.  Around 6 months ago I used Flickr.com, and uploading photos took a lot of time amongst other things I didn't like so I never went back.   This week, I decided to try something new, so I went to photobucket.com.  My URL is  www.photobucket.com/DGreg22.    I started to use this site this week and the first four photos (the one's you see) took almost 20 minutes to upload.  I tried uploading some other pictures from my place of employment and after waiting 15 minutes, the first of 7 photos was still not transferred.   I tried some different formats.... even worse!  I tried some pictures that had small file values, but it didn't help.   Basically I used the site for a little bit cropping and attempting to edit my photos and it was SLOW!!!   I am a fairly patient person, but I could have grown a garden before the site would have had my pictures uploaded.   So, from all this, you can imagine my opinion on these types of sites.  I have tried (including this week) to connect from other computers even though my internet is the fastest I've found, and nothing helped.   I am not sure if this is the issue, but I feel that the sponsor videos/slideshows/ ads that run during your upload make it slower, and I just don't have the need to use the site.  I have almost 4,000 pictures on a computer at work, along with over 1,000 I've put on DVD's and I still have room for more storage, so storage isn't an issue.  Alright, sorry if I sound opinionated in this matter, but I just haven't had any luck with online photo sharing.  :)

No comments: