Next, I thought I would share a picture of a class I taught in the summer of 2007, where students spent 25 hours engineering, and printing out on a solid model printer, an LED flashlight in the shape of a small rocket.

The flashlights could fit on a key chain, and each student got one to take with them. It was a great experience, but seemed like forever!
The last big interest of mine that I wanted to touch on is firefighting.

I don't really have any pictures of me fighting fire, but I do have a picture of some medical training I did. The picture (not very good photography) to the right is of me dissecting a Cow's Heart and Lungs. This was a really helpful way to learn about the path of blood through the body, as well as understanding how the lungs work.
Next, is the video integration to the blog. The YouTube video I have posted is something that a friend of mine sent to me about a year ago in memory of 9-11. It's a must see if you have 7 minutes. Very patriotic, and obviously (because it's part of my interest link) has something to do with firefighting. It's crazy what people with imagination can do with a paint brush!!
Now, the last media form that needs to be integrated is a map from google maps. I found it only fitting to put in a satellite view of Western Michigan University's campus for obvious reasons. When I got to thinking about it, it is possible that some people in this class may not have ever even been on WMU's campus, because it is all online. Therefore, though it doesn't do the campus any true justice, at least everyone will get to see a satellite view of the campus.
Hope you enjoyed the brief presentation of interesting things in the life of Darrick Gregory. Hopefully
later in the week I will have an opportunity to explore some other medias and link those too. For now, it's
off to do some reading and studying! Have a great day all!
1 comment:
I loved the way you imbedded all of the media into one blog post. What a great idea. It was interesting to read and took the reader from just reading the text (thinking cone of experience here) all the way to the point where the reader is able to interact with your text. I also love how this sort of blogging (text and interactive media) allows you to reach the many types of learners - from pictures to audio to text.
Very creative! And what a neat thing for kids to do, too.
Now, I have to try it out for myself to see how difficult (or easy) it is to actually do it!
Post a Comment